Friday, August 27, 2010

Today is the Day...

...or so we thought.
Because of my declining fluid levels, my doctor decided that I should be induced early(38 weeks). I went to 41 weeks with Joey before getting induced. I have to say, though, I am more than happy to have this baby early. My doctor also told me that since Joey was 8lbs 6oz, there is a good chance that this little boy could weigh more than that at full term! No thanks!
Yesterday, labor and delivery called and told me to be at the hospital at 6:30 to start my induction. We got up this morning and while we were getting ready, labor and delivery called to tell me that their beds got filled up overnight and to stay home. They will call me later this morning to tell me when to come in. Sigh. I have to say, though, this shouldn't suprise me. This pregnancy has been one thing after another going on. Starting at the beginning when I had an ultrasound and the doctor didn't see a heartbeat, continuing on to a crazy false positive test result caused by an incapable lab tech, numerous UTI's, a temporary move to Tampa at 32 weeks, living in an apartment without my bed or couch, low fluid levels, fetal body measurements that don't match my weeks...ugh. If this pregnancy is a glimpse into our future with this little boy, we are in TROUBLE!
So, while Joe was able to go back to sleep this morning, I sit awake waiting for my mom and Joey to wake up and say "What the heck are you still doing here?"
Again, I sigh. And sit with a pillow propped behind my back because I am so uncomfortable.

2 comments:

Ronnie and Suzi said...

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Crapppppppppp! So frustrated for you! Praying they call soon with good news!

Anonymous said...

While you were sitting there I want you to know your dog was in my bed wedged into my back and had the hiccups. Does she like peanut butter?