
We got to Pittsburgh yesterday. Our flight left LAX at 10:30am. Joe couldn't take us to the airport because of work so Joey and I took the shuttle van to the airport. The drive is about 90 miles but usually takes 2 hours, especially during rush hour traffic. So we woke up at 5, left our house at 6, and got on the shuttle at 7 to drive to the airport. The traffic was bad because of an accident but overall it all worked out good! Joey ate his breakfast in the van and slept a little. Our flight was a direct flight and took a little over 4 hours. I was nervous that Joey was going to get restless and want to get up and move around but he sat in his seat the whole time and watched his dvd player.
(Sorry about the sun!)
One of the flight attendants told me that he was so good and couldn't believe that he just turned 2 in January! When we got to Pittsburgh, Joey was only concerned about seeing Pap Pap, my dad. And when we got to my parents house, he took Pap Pap into the other room to set up the train table. He didn't even want to go to bed last night because he was so excited about all of the toys at my parents.
At around 3am, Joey woke up. I went into his room and told him to go back to sleep. He said "No, play." He was up for awhile crying at me. Finally, I fell asleep. At around 4am, I heard him crying again, but this time, the crying sounded different. I opened my bedroom door only to realize that Joey had woken up, opened his door(he has a toddler bed at my parents), climbed over the gate, and walked down the stairs in the dark! I guess when he got downstairs he thought that he was going to see everyone that was there before he went to bed. When he realized that no one was there and it was dark, he started crying. I picked him up and put him in bed with me. While trying to go back to sleep myself, he kept spelling his name. It's his newest trick. He spells Joey phonetically "ga oh ee, why, Joey". Over and over and over again. I have to admit, it was cute the first 3 times(especially because he doesn't say Joey, but he says "da-dee" for his name)but at 4am when I wanted silence, it wasn't so cute. Finally he fell asleep and slept until about 9am, when I left to go meet some friends for breakfast.
What an interesting night...hopefully after I get the door handle locks today, we will have a better nights sleep!
At around 3am, Joey woke up. I went into his room and told him to go back to sleep. He said "No, play." He was up for awhile crying at me. Finally, I fell asleep. At around 4am, I heard him crying again, but this time, the crying sounded different. I opened my bedroom door only to realize that Joey had woken up, opened his door(he has a toddler bed at my parents), climbed over the gate, and walked down the stairs in the dark! I guess when he got downstairs he thought that he was going to see everyone that was there before he went to bed. When he realized that no one was there and it was dark, he started crying. I picked him up and put him in bed with me. While trying to go back to sleep myself, he kept spelling his name. It's his newest trick. He spells Joey phonetically "ga oh ee, why, Joey". Over and over and over again. I have to admit, it was cute the first 3 times(especially because he doesn't say Joey, but he says "da-dee" for his name)but at 4am when I wanted silence, it wasn't so cute. Finally he fell asleep and slept until about 9am, when I left to go meet some friends for breakfast.
What an interesting night...hopefully after I get the door handle locks today, we will have a better nights sleep!

1 comment:
I can't get over how big he is and that in less than a year my kid is going to be that big! YIKES! This is all happening too quickly :(
Post a Comment