Wednesday, March 19, 2008

2 Months Old!!!


I can't believe that my baby is 2 months old! The past two months have gone so quickly! I have actually gotten a reasonable amount of sleep...more than I did during the last few weeks of being pregnant. Although our lives are extremely different from before having Joey, we are so lucky to have him. Joe and I decided that even when we are having a horrible day, one smile from Joey makes it so much better.

Today, we celebrated Joey's 2 month birthday by going to the doctor and getting 2 shots and an oral liquid vaccination. Joe went to the doctor appointment with me, but lucky him--he had class at 2 and didn't have to stay for the shots:( The oral vaccination was easy. He swallowed it pretty fast. Then came the shots. That was a whole different story. He was smiling at me, talking to me and then she stuck the needles into his legs and his face turned bright red, he squeezed his eyes shut and started crying without breathing.

The good news is that he gained 2 ounces since Friday, putting him at 11 lbs, 13 oz(50th percentile.) He is 23 3/4 inches long (75th percentile). Since he is so long, he doesn't fit into his newborn clothes anymore. His torso is too long for the newborn onsies. He is now wearing 3 month or 3-6 month clothes.
We took some pictures this past weekend. Here they are. Enjoy!

No comments: