Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our Weekend


We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Joe was off for four days and we enjoyed some family time. For Thanksgiving, we went to our friends Rav and Nancy's house. Nancy's family was in town. We had a great feast of food and Joey was such a good boy. He likes to say "good boy-e" when we say that he has been a good boy. He has been talking so much lately and repeating things that we say. The other day, he started saying "cool". I love his little voice and it has been well worth the wait!
On Friday, I braved the shopping crowds with a friend and went to Target, Toys R Us and the mall. The stores were crowded, not nearly as bad as I figured. Well, I thought that until we went to the mall and into Old Navy. I had some jeans that I needed to exchange for Joey and the line went around the store and out the opposite door. I decided to wait on the exchange:) After Joey woke up from his nap, we put our Christmas tree up.
Apparently he did not want to get his picture taken infront of the tree:) He really enjoyed putting the ornaments on the tree, especially the candy canes. He has done really good with not touching the tree but when we mention Santa, he goes up to the Santa ornament and says "ho ho ho" (actually, it sounds more like "o o o").
On Sunday, Joe and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We had a great day of just hanging out and watching football. We did go up to the BX on base to look around. Santa was there and Joey was not happy. Joe was looking in the electronics and I was pushing Joey around in the cart. When we got within a few feet of Santa, Joey started yelling in a panic "Daddy!!! Daddy!!!" So, unfortunately, we might not get a picture of Joey and Santa this year...or atleast of Joey smiling with Santa!



No comments: