Monday, August 10, 2009

The Big 3-0

Today is my 30th birthday. I am not thrilled. I can remember when I was younger thinking that 30 was so old. And now I am 30. I have been alive for 30 years. Wow. That's a long time.
Anyways, today for my birthday, Joe and Joey bought me an IHome. It is a docking station/alarm clock for my IPhone. Joe does pretty good with suprises for me. Joe took the day off so I also got a pedicure, went to Target alone, and we had friends over for our KFC sides dinner (we just eat mashed potatoes, cole slaw and biscuits...I know, healthy) that we do every so often. Oh, and an ice cream cake with my favorite, Praline's N Cream ice cream. Yum. It was a good day.
The past few weeks have flown by. Two weekends ago, I went with 3 friends to Las Vegas. They were 3 friends that I spent a lot of time with while living in Minot. We stayed at the Venetian and had a blast. We were all there without kids so that was definately relaxing. We ate tons, went to the Price is Right Live show, went to the pool, the mall and ate some more. I missed my Joey the whole time that I was away and I was so happy to see him when the weekend was over! Here are the pictures of our great weekend: Las Vegas.
This past weekend, we took another trip to Coronado Island. We love it there. We stayed at the Navy Lodge at North Island again. It is right on the beach and for $80, you can't beat it! Joe treated the whole weekend as my birthday weekend(as he should:)) and bought me my gift while there, let me pick where we ate the whole weekend, and took me to the mall to shop while he took Joey!

2 comments:

Ronnie and Suzi said...

Kudos to Joe!!! That's the way you ring in 3-0!! A full weekend celebration plus more surprsing on your actual birthday! Glad yours didn't include a trip to the ER!!! ;) But remember...30 is not old!! Then again...your pralines n' cream ice cream thing...that and maple walnut were the 2 flavors every old person ordered when they came to the ice cream shop I worked at in high school...so now I might have to change my opinion of 3-0!! :)

Aimee said...

Seriously, Joe? Wow. My birthday is March 11th and I too like a weekend long celebration :) Glad you were pampered, Ri, you deserve it!!