Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not a little Michael Phelps...

Joey and I started taking "Mom and Tot" swim lessons yesterday. I was so excited because I really thought that Joey was going to love to swim. He is such an active little boy and doesn't really seem to be afraid of anything. He was really excited when we got there but from the second that his body touched the 86 degree pool water, he cried. He cried the whole 20 mintues. He clutched onto me like he has never done before. He had his legs wrapped around my body and his arms wrapped around my neck. When the swim teacher would try to talk to him or throw the ball to him, he would look at her with a scowl. He was not happy. So today when we went back, I tried to get excited even before leaving the house. When I said "Joey, lets get in the car to go to swim lessons!" He ran to the garage. When we got there, he was trying to get into the pool without me. I thought that maybe today would be different. Well, we got into the pool and he assumed his position--legs tightly wrapped around my body and arms wrapped around my neck. Today, though, he didn't scream for the whole 20 minutes, only about 16-17 of the minutes. We have a lesson everyday for 2 weeks so hopefully by next Friday, he will have a little bit of fun?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Just like his Mommy!

Vicki Blake said...

Hang in there. Henry screamed and I mean screamed for an hour of his first swim lesson here. The next lesson he screamed for 30 minutes and now I can't get him out of the water. Don't give up. I think they just need to realize that the water is not that bad.